Founded in 1870 the school was originally designed for trainee watchmakers. In the early 20th century Le Corbusier studied and taught in this school before starting studies in architecture. The graphic design department was founded in 1985.
For a few years now, fourth-year students in graphic design have done study trips followed up by a graphic work produced in the workshops of the school. After visiting many countries in Eastern Europe (the Baltic States, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Hungary) we went to Belgrade, Serbia, in September 2009.
This one-week trip allowed us to establish contacts in the world of professional graphic design as well as with the city’s School of Applied Art.
Following the work done, the Museum of Applied Art in Belgrade invited our students in graphic design to present several projects carried out in La Chaux-de-Fonds School of Applied Arts (EAA).
Professors: Laurent Cocchi (responsable of the department) Philippe Aquoise, Tom Balmer, Laurent Bonnet, Pierre-Alain Cottard, Anne Hogge-Duc, Pablo Sanchez, Daniel Sciboz
Direction of the school: Marc Pfister